Monsoon a season we feel fresher and colder especially for tropical countries like Philippines my home. During monsoon our skin is 2x more dry than in summer. Second skin problem that may arise is fungal infection, fungus are multiplying in wet and humid weather and enter on skin through pores resulting to itchy and reddish skin, it is hard to keep rainwater away from our feet if slippers are your steps bestfriend, just like me. Cleaning the skin with soap and water is the first step to avoid fungus right after it got wet by rainwater. Down below are my tips on how I take care of my skin during monsoon and I wanna share it on you guys.
Skincare tips during rainy season:
- Do not lessen your water consumption just because it is raining. Remember your skin is thirstier than you. You may substitute water with fruit juices.
- I wash my face with my regular soap or sometimes with a facial foam whatever I feel like to use. Wash your face twice a day, in the morning you wake up and at night before you hit the sack and/or take a bath when you have an extra time, a quick nice hot bath is great for putting yourself to sleep.
- Use toner each after wash to close pores and restore skin’s ph balance.
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturizing is one of the step in keeping aging at the bay. Since I got oily skin, water-based moisturizer do wonders on my skin (I use iWhite moisturizing cream), and oil-based moisturizing cream will do the trick for dry skin (like Olay).
- Walking in dirty water which aggreviated by rainwater is a BIG NO!!! your toes and nails will hate you for that because it may lead to fungal infection. In case you cannot avoid these wash your feet with soap and water as soon as you reached your home. You dont want some fungus guests right? LOL
- It does not mean its raining there is no ultraviolet rays penetrating your skin, That is why you should never run out of suncreen in your beauty rituals before going out. SPF50 is enough for 2-3 hours coverage. I use Dermplus Sunblock SPF35 because it leave a white cast on my skin that gives me an instant fair white and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer for my face.
- When It is not raining, humid condition is present. The sticky feeling on skin that you notices is irritating it even sometime make your hair flat and oily. The secret is baby powder if you cannot afford to buy a dry shampoo, just sprinkle a little bit of powder onto the scalp then just rub gently with fingertips and brush gently, you can notice that the powder absorbs the oil on scalp resulting on bringing back the volume of hair.
- Dont wear heavy makeup or bold lip color, Light pinkish nude lip color and foundation powder will suit the season.
- Do not forget the magic wand, umbrella.
What do you think of my personal tips? Tell us your skincare routine too. Comment down below.