Just want to share to you ladies that I promised myself to lessen oily food and junk food intake (processed food is included) and to start up on eating healthy meals but this does not mean I will give up on eating beef, bacon, and my oh so favorite Pringgles but will only eat them in very little amount and in moderation. Basically I do not eat fruits and veggies that much before, but my friends influenced me to balance my meal and that includes the fruits and veggies every meal. The other reasons why I push through this are most of beauty gurus engaged themselves on eating fiber and anti-oxidant rich foods. What we eat is what we are, what we eat will reflect on our skin. to achieve a natural and beautiful glow for a long term we must cut the bad foods in our diet. If you can not totally eliminate junk foods and fatty foods in your diet, eating them moderately will do, like what I am doing. So here are the lists of fruits that could do wonders on our skin and health:
- Cranberries- helps to prevent urinary tract infections. The anti-bacterial chemicals in cranberry helps to prevent gum disease and tooth decay and the antioxidant present in this fruit also helps to raise levels of HDL, and maintains maintains arteries healthy.These fruits are also rich in flavonoids. These phytonutrients have been shown to inhibit certain types of cancer. Polyphenolic compounds found in cranberry may help to protect against neurodegenerative diseases.
- Raspberries- primarily comes in red, it also also be black, purple and even golden. There are two types of raspberries that are commercially available, the wild type summer bearing and the double or ever bearing plants.They are rich in vitamin C and potential anti-cancer agents. It also helps in protection against cardiovascular and cancer diseases. The antioxidants present in this fruit have been shown to fight against cancer cells.
- Pineapple- Bromelain present in pineapple fruit is a mix of enzymes helps in the reduction of certain types of swelling. Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin B1, copper, dietary fiber and vitamin B6. Among the many benefits of vitamin B1 is its ability to increase blood circulation and provide a greater supply of oxygen to the blood cells.
- Blueberries- ranks higher in antioxidant benefits. Antioxidants helps to neutralize harmful free radicals that can lead to cancer and other age-related diseases. The total antioxidant capacity of blueberries is twice that of spinach and three times that of oranges. This extraordinary fruit is also rich in pectin. Fresh blueberries are higher in vitamins A and C than frozen or canned.
- Banana- The people with high potassium in their diet have a lower incidence of hypertension, even if they don’t watch their salt intake.The banana is low in calories, fat, sodium, and much of its fiber is soluble — the kind that can help lower cholesterol. Bananas are also a very good source of vitamin B6, providing one-third of the RDA in a single serving.
Tell me about your daily meals. Comment down below and do not forget to follow me on instagram account: @athenasaxena