Good Day my beautiful readers. Since I am finished on my Philips Santinelle Review I want to share my personal tips on avoiding ingrown hair. Epilation is a method of removing hair that eliminates the hair right down to the root. Some of the common types of epilation include waxing, plucking, threading and devices like electrolysis and laser treatments. No matter what method of epilation is used for hair removal, there is a re risk of ingrown hairs developing after the process. Ingrown hairs causes red bumps, painful and sometimes can be infected, bigger problem than the unwanted hair, I have been experienced this problem before and my skin are still on its recovering process. Thanks to my epilator it worked on me. Good news for you ladies there are effective methods of ingrown hair prevention that lessen the likelihood of these irritating bumps once the hair is removed. So I’m gonna share to you my lovely peeps my very own personal and simple tips how do i prevent ingrown hairs.
- Keep skin hydrated from the inside and out. Drink the recommended glasses of water daily 8-10 glasses a day. A hydrated skin is a healthy skin keeping it soft and supple. Including a hydrating lotion in your daily routine rather than waiting until skin looks dry and dull.
- Exfoliating skin prior to waxing/epilating. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells on the surface, lessening the clog pores. In addition with this, exfoliating leaves skin soft and smooth, Making the hair removal process more easy and effective.
- Epilate in the natural direction of the hair follicle. the most effective means of ingrown hair removal is to gently take the hair out of the follicle completely and in the natural direction it grows.
- Cold compresses onto the treated area. Part of learning how to prevent ingrown hairs after epilation is to keep the area clean with a soft washcloth used in a circular motion. Avoid using harsh formulas on the area that could irritate the skin. Apply a gentle moisturizer free from pore-clogging ingredients to keep the skin soft and hydrated.
- Avoid irritating ingrown hairs that do develop. Ingrown hairs are characterized by small red bumps that can become itchy or painful. Do not scratch the bumps, since this could cause them to become infected. See your doctor about treatment for ingrown hairs after hair removal, such as topical solutions to control inflammation and oral antibiotics to treat infection.
There are so many ways/method on preventing ingrown hairs, the steps i given you are the simplest and common ways to avoid ingrown hairs. One additional tip is to let your skin rest once in a while from epilation, waxing, etc., Me myself do this once in a whileーoops i know what you’re thinkingーHello Gorilla legs! Despite of having gorilla legs sometimes I just hide it under wearing of pants, or pyajamas, it is too embarassing. But always remember even if we do nothing at all to ourselves we are beautiful inside outーright!